29 September 2009

What the Hell is a Feynman Diagram?

As those of you who read my other blog know, I've been in Denmark this month, visiting the Center for the Topology and Quantization of Moduli Spaces, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aarhus Universitet. I've gotten a fair amount of work done, attended a very fine Chern-Simons theory conference in Strasbourg, and met various people. But I miss Berkeley and its preponderence of interesting talks.

In any case, I'm in the final editing stages on my paper on Quantum Mechanics and Feynman Diagrams. Since by now I really know what those Diagrams mean, I gave an introductory talk in the PhD seminar here at Aarhus about them. My prepared notes are here; I said about half of them, and none of the interesting bits.

3 comments:

bbischof said...

The links that you have posted seem to not work anymore. I would like to look at these notes on Feynman Diagrams, so if you could fix them, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Theo said...

math.berkeley.edu seems to be down. Try again in a bit.

Malek Abdesselam said...

Hi,
I just stumbled on these notes and I think they're great! I would like to add that what you rightly say at the end of sec. 2.2 is essentially Thm 8
of my paper in SLC. My motivation then was to write a reference for proofs based
on Feynman diagrams, for pure math problems. At the time I was interested in the Jacobian Conjecture which is nicely formulated in terms of these diagrams.